Wednesday 7 November 2012

Reactor Recap

This week I recapped how to use the reactor tool. I have had previous experience using the reactor so it was good to recap.

I firstly had a go at creating a rigid body collection of just 2 boxes. I placed one above the other and gave the top box some mass. When I previewed the animation the box dropped on to the other one. This application of gravity will be very useful in the Pearl Harbour animation.

The next step I made a rough bowling alley. I created a floor, pins and a ball. I also made a ramp for the ball to roll down.

By previewing the animation I could see the ball fall down the ramp and hit the pins. To make it hit harder I increased the mass of the ball and lowered the mass of the pins. I reduced the friction on the ramp and floor. I also decreased the collision tolerance so the shapes did not bounce apart.

To add even more movement I used the autokey at frame 3 and moved the ball downwards slightly. I turned off the autokey and under preview tab I changed the start frame to 1. This made the ball fly downwards with more motion, like someone is throwing it downwards. This created greater velocity.

I think the reactor tool is very useful and creates very life-like effects. I am confident with my knowledge of it and will attempt to use it in the work.

No comments:

Post a Comment