Wednesday 31 October 2012

Path constraints and cameras

In this tutorial we recapped on using path constraints to give an object a path. I drew a line spline to create a path and then edited it using its vertices to give it height.

I could then my cone by chosing animation > constraints > path constraints. I used this technique before in last years work but it was very useful to recap.

I then started using the cameras. Firstly I used the free camera. I then used the link tool in the top left to link the camera to the cone. I had not used this button before and it was very useful to learn. I think it will be very handy when creating the animation.

I created simple boxes to represent buildings to give the animation a more interesting background.

I then tried using target cameras. I could then link the target to the cone so the camera would follow the cone around its path.

I found this very useful and will use it in the animation.

No comments:

Post a Comment