Monday 10 December 2012

Adding the Car Sweep scene

To introduce the harbour to the animation we decided, when drawing the storybaord, to have a shot of a jeep moving across the harbour with the camera following it. It then will turn upwards and capture a shot of the harbour that the USS Arizona is stationed at.

To do this I imported the finished harbour and a jeep. The first task was to make the wheels of the jeep rotate. I did this by ungrouping the jeep and selecting the wheels. I then could rotate them 180 degrees. Using the curve sheet I could loop the animation so the sheels turned endlessly.



The next stage was to make the jeep move. I could of used a path constraint but instead I used the set key. I found afterwards that it would of been much easier to use the path constraint but never mind!



I then added a camera that I made move at the same pace of the jeep. As the jeep ended its drive across the harbour, I made the camera pan round to have a wide angle shot of the whole environment.

 
 


When rendered out I could see that when the jeep turned a corner it was not quite right but by that stage in the animating process I did not have time to re-render.

No comments:

Post a Comment