Wednesday 5 December 2012

Creating the bomb falling and arms

The climax of the captains run ends as he looks up and sees the Japanese bomb falling towards the USS Arizona.

To animate all I had to do was use the set key to move the bomb towards the camera. This way I had more control on how fast the bomb appears to fall.



Once I had it at the right speed I could animate the arms. Once again using the ALT X freeze method I could make the arms move into the cameras view. I made sure the hands and fingers moved slightly to make it seem more realistic otherwise the arms would just slide up very robotically.

I had a little trouble animating the hands as I tried to rotate them and they went through the sleeves. It was hard to see due to the opaque view using ALT X. This means I had to move the hands into a better position on each keyframe they went through.



I rendered using mental ray and it looks just how I needed it to.

No comments:

Post a Comment