Wednesday 5 December 2012

Creating the bomb detach scene

To connect the running scene with the arms falling bomb scene I needed to animate the bomb detaching from the Japanese plane. This would make the animation flow better as make it more realistic.

To do this I merged the environment with the wave of planes from the arms/bomb shot. I ungrouped the Bomber planes bomb from itself so It was a stand alone object. Now I could add motion to it to fall.



To make it fall I used the set key to accurately map it's position in the x, y and z axis. At each keyframe I could change the rotational position and the relative position to the environment. Over 200 frames I moved the bomb from underneath the plane to facing downwards towards the harbour. On the way down I added some rotation to make the bomb appear ad if it was spinning.



I added a camera to the scene to follow the bomb. I could of used a target camera but it would of spun with the bomb which I did not want. Therefore I used a free camera and the set key to position.

I made the camera so it positioned itself just behind the bomb so it showed a sort of third person perspective.



I really like the finished shot, it flows well and links the shots either side if it smoothly.

No comments:

Post a Comment