Monday 3 December 2012

Creating the control room scene

For when the attack commences the control room and environment map had to be merged with the captains hands. As stated before scaling the biped and arms causes problems so the other components had to be scaled up.



I deleted the top of the USS Arizona ship where the control bridge was and replaced it with the control room. I then could place the biped in the correct position to animate.

I used the storyboard to gain an insight into how the captain would react and how he should move. I wanted the audience to see the harbour so I made him "look" around as we'll as at his console.

 
 


Using the ALT X method again I could animate the hands to make them look real. I made sure it looked like he was using his terminal.

When the sirens blare alerting the personnel of the attack the camera (acting as eyes) look around frantically as if surprised.

I made him look out the window where planes are flying towards the harbour. I liked creating that shot as I think it gives a great effect of realism and tries to create emotion in the motion of the animation.



The captain then turns to the left and runs.


When creating the scene I had problems scaling the daylight system so I had to reimport it from the original file. I had to tweak it slightly in the options rollout to make it work with the new environment.

I really like the scene and shot and look forward to seeing it finally rendered.

No comments:

Post a Comment